Tenant Move-Out Procedures
Please fill out this Thirty (30) Day Notice to Vacate form below and email to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to get a confirmation of receipt of your email.
The following information is provided to assist you in your move-out and will aid in the return of your security deposit. Requirements to be fulfilled in order to receive your security deposit or a portion thereof, but are not limited to: Full term lease agreement, a full 30 days written notice to be provided to property manager prior to vacating, no unpaid charges or delinquent rent due, all keys, transmitters, parking tags, garage door openers, pool keys, access cards and any other property items returned and a forwarding address provided.
Keep in mind that your security deposit will be used to restore your rental home back to the same condition as when you took occupancy. If necessary, all walls will be patched and painted, the entire home will be cleaned, pests will be exterminated, carpets will be professionally cleaned, debris will be removed and any necessary repairs will be made. Please note that the carpets must be professionally cleaned, so if you plan on hiring a company to do this task, you must provide us with a receipt or we will have the carpets professionally cleaned and deduct same from your security deposit. You are entitled to a walk-through prior to you moving out, so please schedule this appointment with us after you submit this notice to vacate.
If you have any questions regarding your move-out procedures, please feel free to contact us at 619-562-6660 or email@example.com.
Thirty (30) Day Notice of Resident(s) Intent to Vacate
TO: Parker Properties or (Owner/Agent) Date:
You are hereby given thirty (30) days advance notice that the below named Resident(s):
intend(s) to terminate their tenancy and move from the premises located at:
, , CA
The date Resident(s) intend for the property to be completely vacant will be:
It is understood by resident(s) as follows:
- that a Thirty (30) Day Notice of Intent to Vacate is required by Section 1946 of California Civil Code for
- for fixed term lease resident(s), a Thirty (30) Day Notice of Intent to Vacate does not release Resident(s) from
any obligation of the lease, including payment to the end of the lease term;
- Resident's possession of the unit remains in effect until all belongings are removed and all keys returned;
- Except as provided by law, rent is due and payable up to and including the final date of possession, or thirty
(30) days after service of this notice to Owner/Agent, whichever is later, and
- Resident(s) cannot use the security deposit as last month's rent. Rent is payable through the termination of the
The Resident's reason for terminating the tenancy: (optional)
NOTICE OF RIGHT TO INITIAL INSPECTION:
- You are hereby notified that you have the legal right to request an initial inspection of your unit, and you have
the right to be present during that inspection.
- Upon your request, the Owner/Agent will make an initial inspection of your unit at a reasonable time, but no
earlier than two weeks before the termination of the tenancy or the end of the lease date.
- The purpose of this inspection is to allow you the opportunity to correct any deficiencies in the unit in order to
avoid deductions from the security deposit.
- You may not make any repairs to the unit that are prohibited by the rental agreement or lease.
- After the initial inspection, the Owner/Agent will provide you with an Itemized Statement specifying the
repairs or cleaning that will be the basis for any deductions to the security deposit. This will NOT be a final
accounting of deductions from the security deposit.
- You may make the corrections (that are not prohibited by the rental agreement or by law) during the period
following the inspection through the termination of the tenancy in order to avoid deductions from the security
- You have the right to be present during the inspection however, the inspection may take place in your absence
with your consent.
- No later than three weeks (21 days) after Owner/Agent has regained possession of the premises, Owner/Agent
will provide you with an itemized disposition of security deposit, indicating the basis for, and the amount of,
any security received and the disposition of the security, and Owner/Agent will return any remaining portion of
the security deposit to resident(s).
Check only one (1) Box:
___ I decline the initial inspection.
____ I request the initial inspection of my unit, and I wish to be present
____ I request the initial inspection of my unit, but I will not be present.
Resident(s) Phone Number to arrange for inspection: (________)__________________________
If requesting "initial inspection" check only one (1) option below
____ I waive the right to 48 hour notice by the Owner/Agent prior to their entry of the Unit to perform the initial
inspection, as allowed by Civil Code Section 1950.5(f)(1)
_____ I want Owner/Agent to provide 48 hour notice prior to their entry of the unit to perform the initial inspection.
OWNER/AGENT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RESIDENT(S)
THIRTY (30) DAY NOTICE OF INTENT TO VACATE
Receipt of Resident(s) thirty (30) Day Notice of Intent to Vacate the above unit, effective (date)
- Therefore, the tenancy will be terminated as of ___________________ (date).
- Please note that you cannot use the security deposit as last month's rent. Rent is payable through the termination of
- Rent must be paid in advance on the 1st of the month, prorated to the end of the tenancy as follows:
From ___________________ (date) to ______________ .
For days at $ per day, for a total of $ ,